Jul 29, 2013 6:12:00 AM
Topics: drain clog, clogged bathtub drain, bathtub drain clog, bathtub drain clogged ri, ri bathtub drain clogged, unclog bathtub drain, ri unclog bathtub drain, bathtub drain clogged, drain clogged, unclog bathtub drain ri, clogged drain
Apr 14, 2012 10:30:00 AM
Don't Want Clogged Drains?
4 Ways to Prevent a Clogged Drain!© Depositphotos.com/rugercm
A clogged drain is a nuisance whenever and wherever it occurs. It takes far more time and effort to unclog a drain than it does to avoid the problem in the first place. So if you already have a clogged drain then we recommend calling your local professional plumber to clear the drain.
Here are some simple, easy to do, tips for avoiding the problem from the start.
1) Go easy on the food disposal. Most are not industrial-sized monsters so a little patience will go a long way in allowing the machine to effectively chop and dispose of your garbage.
2) Similarly, only introduce food items that the disposal can handle. In particular, copious amounts of meat, congealing stews or solidified fat will make it past the first stage of processing. The problem arises when those food stuffs sit in the pipe and resolidify. No amount of hot water or pressure will dislodge that blockage and the physical use of a drain auger is the only way to unblock the clogged drain.
3) In the bathroom, refrain from pushing damp hair, especially longer fibers, down the drain. Hair is notoriously difficult to flush and is resistant to chemical drain cleaners. Instead, remove the hair physically and throw it in the waste container. A simple solution to a simple problem.
4) Lastly, pay attention to what goes in the toilet. No, not that. But everything else. Do not let your little ones throw toys in there. Do not dispose of the dead goldfish or the used tampon and do not throw Q-tips in. They are problems waiting to happen.
In most cases, a clogged drain could have been avoided. Plumbing fixtures last for decades and are so simple that a problem must become very severe for them to stop functioning. A little caution on your part will go a long way in eliminating any clogged drain problems.
Topics: Plumbing Blogs, Drain Cleaning Blogs, clogged drain Rhode Island, how to clear a clogged drain, how to prevent a clogged drain, clogged drain prevention, plumber Rhode Island, prevent clogged drains, plumber RI, clogged drain
Mar 19, 2012 10:23:00 AM
Topics: Plumbing Blogs, drain cleaners ri, Drain Cleaning Blogs, Rhode Island plumbers, clogged drain pricing, Rhode Isalnd drain cleaners, how much to clear a clogged drain, types of clogged drains, clogged drain
Nov 23, 2011 10:22:00 AM
Do You Have a Clogged Drain?
Gurgling Drain RI
Signs of a clogged drain can be pretty obvious, when the drain is completely plugged. However, if you are still getting some drainage down your sink and through your pipes, you may not realize you have a clog.
Topics: ri clogged drain line, drain cleaners, ri drain cleaner, drain cleaning, ri drain cleaning, Plumbing Blogs, drain cleaners ri, Drain Cleaning Blogs, clogged drain Rhode Island, Clogged Drain & Sewer Lines Blogs, ri drain cleaners, clogged drain, drain cleaning RI, clogged drain ri, ri clogged drain, causes of a clogged drain, clogged drain signs, clogged drain causes, clogged drains, gurgling drain, drain gurgling, noises coming form drain, sounds coming from drain, gurgling drain ri, ri drain gurgling, weird noises from drain, signs of a clogged drain, bathtub gurgling sounds, drain noises, drain sounds, drain gurgling sounds
Nov 17, 2011 10:28:00 AM
What it Costs to Unclog a Drain!
Clogged Drain RI
Do you have a clogged drain? This is a problem many homeowners as well as renters face from time to time. It is a problem that requires immediate attention. If it is not fixed right from the beginning it can become a costly repair.
- The charge to unclog a drain can vary greatly depending on what is exactly causing the clog and how easy it is to unclog the drain. However, the typical cost to fix a clogged drain ranges from $125 to $375.
- If a toilet has to be moved to access a pipe. extra fees will be charged to cover the costs of possible breakage.
- The cost of a wax ring may also be charged extra.
Here are Some Tips to Keep Your Drains Clean:
- Pour boiling water and baking soda into the drain of your sink or bathtub periodically.
- Pour baking soda followed by white vinegar every three months.
- For tougher clogs you may need to use commercial drain openers. We suggest using the safety products recommended on the labels of these products to avoid injuries. Be careful because many products are acid based and can splash in your face causing serious burns or blindness.
- Drain snakes may also need to be used for tougher clogs. This is why it is safer to call a licensed plumber for these types of drain clogs.
Topics: clearing a drain, clear a clogged drain, drain clog, Plumbing Blogs, Drain Cleaning Blogs, clogged drain Rhode Island, clear clogged drain price, average cost to unclog a drain, clearing clogged drain pricing, clearing clogged drain costs, pricing to clear clogged drain, costs to clear clogged drain, price to clear clogged drain, price to clog a drain, clearing clogged drain rates, rates to clear clogged drain, clogged drain line, clogged drain line ri, Clogged Drain & Sewer Lines Blogs, clogged drain, clogged drain ri, ri clogged drain
Oct 12, 2011 8:37:00 PM
Clogged Kitchen Sink? Here's the Fix!
Clogged Kitchen Sink
Topics: clogged kitchen sink, plumbing ri, drain cleaning, Plumbing Blogs, Drain Cleaning Blogs, plumbing help, plumbers ri, ri plumbers, plumbing, plumbers, ri plumbing, plumbing advice online, plumbing answers, plumbing contractor ri, plumbing contractors ri, plumbing advice, plumber, clogged drain line, clogged drain line ri, Clogged Drain & Sewer Lines Blogs, free plumbing advice, clogged drain, drain cleaning RI
Jul 11, 2011 2:39:00 PM
Want to Prevent Tree Roots in Your Sewer Line?
Tree Roots - Clogged Drain RI
If you want to prevent tree roots in you sewer drain line then we suggest using root killer that you can buy any home improvement store. Follow the directions on the root killer as to how often you should treat your sewer drain.
Topics: drain cleaning, Plumbing Blogs, Drain Cleaning Blogs, plumbing blog, plumbing, plumbers, clogged drain, tree roots in drain line, tree roots in sewer line, clogged drain ri, prevent tree roots, drain tree roots, sewer tree roots, tree roots, sewer drain, clogged drain tree roots